The environment is an integral part of our business and we acknowledge the relationship between the environment and our products and activities. Our commitment to the environment will be a guiding principle in our business planning and development.
To accomplish this we commit to:
- Comply with the requirements of our discharge permits, codes of practice and other relevant environmental obligations
- Work to reduce emissions and discharges as far as possible, consistent with sound operation and the economics of production
- Set and monitor progress against environmental and social objectives and targets
- Put in place programmes to continually improve environmental performance across all our sites
- Develop awareness and understanding among the company’s employees of the interactions between the environment and the company’s activities
- Influence all employees to prevent pollution, and to seek to enhance the environment in the course of their activities
- Work with farmers through the provision of science, technology, products and people to help them manage their environmental footprint
- Contribute to carbon reduction targets in all commercial decision-making including procurement and investment decisions
- Be a good neighbour, caring for the communities and environment that we live, work and operate in.